It is Official!

I've been so busy and consumed with getting my baking blog together, www.baketasticblog.com, that I have neglected my personal blog. How dare I!!?!?!?!

I've been crafting, shopping, cleaning, wrapping, visiting, driving, fixing and baking away. I have two new bake orders and hopefully things will continue to move in this direction.

Big News: I have applied to enroll at the The Art Institute of Houston. I plan on attending AIH's Culinary school this Spring to achieve an Associate of Applied Science in Baking & Pastry. This is a huge deal for me.

I never attended University. Instead, I enlisted in the Air Force during my senior year of high school and went into basic training less than 2 months after I graduated. I was following in my Grandfathers and Fathers footsteps. After my honorable discharge from the service as an SP (that's military police to you lay-folks), I joined the working world as a secretary and worked my way up to the executive level, becoming an Executive Secretary only a few years ago.

Seven years ago, I enrolled at The University of St. Thomas here in Houston, hoping to finally attend college and achieve a degree in Business Management. Less than two weeks later, while driving around on a Saturday afternoon running errands, I was struck in my drivers side door by another car. My surgeons, family and friends were all surprised that I walked away from the accident. I know that my not dying was a complete and total miracle. Because of the magnitude of my injuries, I did not attend the university, I didn't even work for an entire year.





I was pretty beat up. The main injury was a shattered jaw, but I did sustain a pretty hefty concussion, a hip fracture and lots of bumps and bruises. Thankfully I wasn't sitting straight up or my neck would have snapped. O_o

Seven years later. Here I am. Still alive and well. And, well, getting better and better at baking. That is why I have decided to pursue this degree. I mean, how many people out there actually like their job enough to enjoy going to work? Not a whole heck of a lot, that is for sure!

I seem to have found my niche and calling and I plan on pursuing my goal with full speed.

Wish me luck!

(If you would like to keep up with my baking, please visit my baking blog, Baketastic!)


 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, the pictures! I'm glad you made it through okay. :)




About Me

My photo
Irish, Tattooed, Bakerella, Texan

Favorites

Baketastic!

Followers